The Alpha Course
An opportunity to explore the meaning of life
What is the point of life?
What happens when we die?
Is forgiveness possible?
What relevance does Jesus have for our lives today?
If you would like to explore any of these questions,
then Alpha is for you
- The Alpha course is an opportunity for anyone to explore the Christian faith
- It’s relaxed, non-threatening, low key, friendly and fun
- There are light refreshments at the beginning and end of each session which gives you an opportunity to get to know each other.
- Listen, learn, discuss and discover. And ask anything. Alpha is a place where no question is too simple or too hostile.
- And it’s supported by all the main Christian denominations
Who is Alpha for?
Everyone is welcome on an Alpha course and people attend for a wide variety of reasons. Some want to investigate whether God exists and if there is any point to life; others are concerned about what happens after death. Still others may have attended church on and off all their lives but feel they have never really understood the basics of the Christian faith. Still other people come because they are fully devoted followers of Christ, but want to enjoy the discussion with others about the basics of their faith. People come from many different backgrounds, holding many different viewpoints – but all come with the same objective: to establish whether Jesus Christ has any real relevance for their lives.
Click on the Alpha.org link to find out where your nearest alternative course is next taking place.